- The purpose of this message is to provide certain guidelines for prevention and early detection of COVID 19 in school. A global situation such as this gives an opportunity to the students to help them learn, cultivate compassion and increase resilience while building a safer and more caring community.
KEY MESSAGES FOR PARENTS
- Know the latest facts : stay informed through standard source like WHO, CD& National Health Ministry.
- Recognize symptoms of COVID 19 in your child, and if your child is sick keep them at home and notify school of child’s absence & symptoms.
- Make your child practice good hand hygiene & respiratory hygiene e.g. cover cough or sneeze with tissue or flexed elbow.
- Prevent stigma by using facts & reminding students to be considerate of one another
CHECK LIST FOR STUDENTS
- In a situation like this it is normal to feel confused or scared. Ask questions, educate yourself &get reliable information
- Wash your hands frequently with soap and water at least for 30 seconds
- Remember Not to touch your face frequently
- Do not share water bottles, stationary items or food
- Don’t stigmatize your peers or tease anyone about being sick
- Tell your teacher/parents if your feel sick
- Understand the concept of social distancing à do not sit in a group of more than 2 during recess time
- Wear mask at all time. If you feel suffocated remove it for sometime however maintain 1 meter distance with others
- Do not do overcrowding in toilet